Some time ago reading Foncuberta’s book Photography: Procedures and concepts, he propose the idea of frozen the film before develop it.
I used a black and white ISO 400 film to shoot some photographs of my bro Jef as a model. The idea was to follow my fixation with pictoralism and the modern construction of visual male stereotypes.
After that I’ve put the film with water (today I’ve thought that maybe without water will also work great) in the freezer for almost three months.
I don’t have way to develop the film here at the house right now (fingers crossed” and work with Don Efrain at El poder fotográfico, an amazing lab. Carlos Bernal have helped me a lot with his critics and support but also being the delivery guy who take the film to and from the lab.
Ok, don Efrain, put the film on delay for 2 reasons: the risk of contamination with fungi for the films of other artists and also because the water made it difficult to put on the rails for develop.
Then finally the film was developed and arrived to my hands with a contact sheet -thank you Bernal, thanks a lot-.
Im really happy with the resulting textures and “defects” on the film, it works amazingly well with the whole concept of vintage photography. Unfortunately my college is in some “build process” of the analogous labs and I can´t have access to make some experiments with lith or paper.
I’ve scanned the films, in my cheap Lexmark scanner (really useful) and also the contact sheet. After that I’ve worked with the digital data and crop it, manipulate it, etc. Trying to find things in the way.
Now is time to show you some of the initial experiences. As usual comments and critics are more than welcomed.