Anthotypes update

Ok news about the anthotype’s experiments. The first one with achiote was an exit. Dried leaves in contact with the paper and the glass., 2 days of exposure, variable wether conditions.

First anthotype using Achiote for emulsion.

 

After this success I’ve gave a try to beet root (remolacha)  and used paper with several layers  of the juice (the “fruit” in the blender with distilled water and alcohol). The paper was dried over night with the help of a hair’s drier.

 

I’ve used for this next stage some of my new acetates with negatives and positives printed in it.  The weather have been a pain in the … anthotype, because is variable and full of humidity. But the portrait of my bro came out wonderful. I’ve left some of the left overs of the fruit, because I want to experiment wit all the textures.

I’ve included some captures of the assembly under the window, the scan of the anthotype, the digital positive and the digital edition of it. I love how it came out.

 

Capture of the assembly.
Capture of the assembly.
Scan of the anthotype. My bro.
Scan of the anthotype. My bro.
Positive of the anthotype.
Positive of the anthotype.
Digital edition of the anthotype.
Digital edition of the anthotype.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s