From Wikipedia: An Anthotype is a image created using photosensitive material from plants. This process was originally invented by Sir John Herschel in 1842. An emulsion is made from crushed flower petals or any other light-sensitive plant, fruit or vegetable. A coated sheet of paper is then dried, exposed to direct full sun-light until the image is bleached out.
That’s what I’m working right now, using some typical vegetables of andean lands. Beet (remolacha) and achiote, and looking for my bro bringing some traditional products from Amazonian jungle (absolutely anxious about it).
I’ve put the seeds in a glass cup with some alcohol and distilled water, thanks to the teacher Cesar Sierra and the Macromolecules’ Group for the help. And let it to loose the tincture for a couple of days and then coated a sheet of Fabriano paper, some water color papers, and others ‘ve found, Galgo, durex, etc.
I’m using one in contact with some dry leaves from the Lumen prints experimentations (yep I’ve used to keep it safe, I don’t enjoy to destroy plants if it`s not necessary, I don’t know I just respect life in all forms). And other one with a negative made of a digital photograph of an dandelion. Let’s see which one works better.
The process needs one or two weeks, Im in day 3 and 1 of the first tests. But I wanted to post some images of how it is working.